Conversion rate is one of the most important key performance indicators (KPIs) when it comes to your website. So it comes as no surprise when business owners and marketing managers ask, "how can I improve the conversion rate on my site?"
It's important to look at how users are interacting with your website to determine how effective it is. Ask yourself what happens when new users land on your homepage and whether or not you are setup with the tools to convert those users?
Even more important than the aesthetics of your website, are the lead generation components. The easier it is for a user to find the information they need and submit an inquiry, the more likely you are to close that prospect.
So, what are some of the most important lead generation tools on your site?
- Contact Number: Adding a phone number, front and center, on your website makes it easy for prospects to get in touch with you. And now with mobile internet users overtaking desktop internet users, it's even more important to make your phone number accessible on your site.
- Lead Generation Form: Internet users have come to expect the convenience of requesting information or a service through forms. Be sure to include a form on your Contact page and anywhere else where you are providing value to the prospective customer. Keep in mind, the less information you ask for on the form, the more likely users are to submit it.
- Testimonials: While not typically thought of as a lead generation tool, testimonials and reviews can add credibility to your site and drive more visitors to convert.
If you're interested in learning how to optimize your website to drive more leads, be sure to check out our recent webinar recording, Turn Your Website Into a Lead Generation Machine. It covers:
- Best practices for a great user experience
- A/B and multivariate testing strategies
- And much more!